Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 1: Fitness Test

Hi, My name is Zach. I started this blog up to give me the motivation to do the workout every day as prescribed. While I probably won't write every single day, I will try to write at least twice a week, especially the first few weeks as I try to get used to this program. Here's my story:

Last week I thought I'd give the Insanity Workout, by Team Beachbody and instructed by Sean T, after seeing a commercial for it on TV. Turns out, a friend of mine has the full package and because of time issues he's not able to use it now. So I am borrowing it for the next 60-some days to see if it really gives the results as seen on TV.

Today, I started with the Day 1 Fitness Test. It definitely opened my eyes to see how much out of shape I really am. I mean, I'm an athletic guy, played basketball and soccer for most of my life and now I've been a cyclist-in-training for the last 3+ years. But due to lack of training over the last few months, it seems like my muscles are in relax mode too. With the Road cycling season coming up quickly, I need a quick boost of endurance, energy and fitness. I think Insanity can do that for me.

Here are my results from today's Fitness Test, reps per minutes:
  1. Switch Kicks (2 kicks = 1 rep) - 61
  2. Power Jacks - 54
  3. Power Knees - 80
  4. Power Jumps - 30
  5. Globe Jumps - 8
  6. Suicide Jumps - 6
  7. Push-up Jacks - 9
  8. Low Plank Oblique - 11
As shown here, I was full of energy at the beginning of the 25-30 minute video. Halfway through, it shows I just ran out of energy. My endurance is lacking badly right now.

Well, I hope to increase these numbers, especially the last 4, dramatically over the next 60 days. Throughout the whole program there are 5 fitness tests, including Day 1. Soon I will be posting a before picture that I took earlier today just before starting. I will post pictures throughout the program as well, likely every week or so.

Thank you for reading, and I hope my results will give you the proof you need to try out the Insanity Workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment